Help Me Move!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Your Response to Joost Invites, and Feedback in General

I just want to take a moment and say "hello" to all the new contacts I've made through e-mail the last day or so, since I began offering the Joost invites; the response has been overwhelming! I'd love to think that all of you read this blog religiously, and were just waiting for word from me when they would become available, but I'm not quite that naive. I know many of you may have just typed "Joost" into your favorite search engine, and wound up here. That's fine too -- I hope you'll at least hang around for a few minutes, and browse a few pages while you're here. There's plenty to interest a Mac fan, but the websites I comment on here are, of course, usually platform-agnostic.

Secondly, I wanted to say that I really encourage you to drop me a line at the e-mail address on the sidebar to the right. I didn't really think an e-mail account for the blog would be necessary, as I figured that I would respond to any questions or comments in the Comment section for each post. However, I got to thinking about it, and there are times when you may not necessarily want to post your question out there for all to see, and so I created the Gmail account to handle both the requests for Joost invites, but also to open up the floor to you to get in touch with me. What I'd particularly like to see are your suggestions for content on the page, especially any cool web pages you've been browsing lately. It would be great if it had a Mac theme to it, but any website is game -- fun, quirky, and interesting content tops anyone's list. I will reply to your e-mail asking for your permission to blog your find if it looks good, and then credit you in the post. Just in the last few days, I've received e-mails from the far corners of the globe, to right in my backyard -- Canada, Australia, New York, and Ohio, to name a few -- and I'm always looking forward to meeting new friends.

Finally, I never want to be one of those bloggers who need to be away from their blogs for a while, and get on to post "sorry I haven't blogged in a while; this happened, then this, then blah, blah, blah..." I'll say this once, and be done with it. I'd blog all day long if I could, but my job as a Help Desk Analyst is cyclical in nature, as I work for a state university here in Ohio. As a result, as the school year goes along, there will be times when I am swamped and simply don't have the time to post much at all, then there are other times when you'll see multiple posts from me on the same day. That's just the nature of the job. Believe me, my motto could be "I'd rather be posting" Those of you that have followed this blog for any length of time know that. I just wanted it on the record. I'm always around somewhere, just waiting to get some time to post.

Enjoy the site, and I look forward to meeting more of you via e-mail. Send me your thoughts, constructive criticism, web finds, and anything else that's on your mind (and yes, I'm already petting Sulley per one request).

~Kachup

No comments:


Blogged with a MacBook Pro | "An Apple a day..."