Help Me Move!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Calling a Photoshop Goddess or God

Hello. Mac power user I may be, but one thing I haven't got a handle on is Photoshop. In my job at the Help Desk, I just don't have a use for it on a daily basis. I take some training in it, play with it, then come back to my job and, because I don't have a personal copy, the skills just fly out the window. I will be purchasing Photoshop Elements, I've decided, but that will have to wait for a paycheck or two. In the meantime, one part of this new Blogger template I'm using is driving me nuts. Yep, that obviously un-Mac-like laptop up in the top right of the blog. As this was how it came out of the box, I figured it wouldn't be such a big deal. But it bugs me now. A lot.

So, what to do? Well, I thought about it, and I happen to know (virtually, that is) some folks that might be able to help -- that's you! Certainly someone out there is a Photoshop guru that can scrape out that Windows-running tin can up there and replace it instead with a similarly-oriented shot of a MacBook Pro instead. Up for the challenge? Here's what my xml template tells me is the URL of the pic. Can someone out there help me out and pick it apart, eliminate that laptop, and drop in a nice image of the MacBook Pro instead, while keeping all the rest the same (colors, border, etc.)? Please e-mail your results to my blog address, on the sidebar at the left. If there are (hopefully) multiple results, I'll either pick my favorite, or rotate them every month or so. I don't have anything to offer as payment, but the thanks of a grateful blogger.

Is anyone willing to take up the challenge? Let me know...and thanks in advance!

~Kachup

3 comments:

~JJ said...

A free alternative to Photoshop is a program called Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program). Developed under the GNU Public License and originally developed for Linux, it now has a Windows flavor, as well as a Mac X11 version.

Although a little different than Photoshop, a lot of the ideas are still there.

Check it out www.gimp.org

Kachup said...

Thanks, JJ...I forgot about Gimp. I'll check it out tonight. However, having the tool to do something, and doing it right, are two different things ;) I'll still take any help I can get...

Kachup said...

We have a winner! "JJ" came to my aid, with not one, but two banners. One is the MacBook Pro, and the other is the one you see now up above, with my mug on it. Thanks, JJ, for the record response time!

~Kachup


Blogged with a MacBook Pro | "An Apple a day..."