Help Me Move!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Google Gmail: Now You Can Invite Yourself!

Regular readers of this blog know what an e-mail junkie I am. And when it comes to personal e-mail, nothing beats the ease and convenience of Google's Gmail. Once you were in the beta program (being invited by another beta user), you knew you were cool when you were awarded your "invites" to share with others, and bring them into the Gmail fold.

Well, I'll have to redefine that particular term for cool. Why? You can now sign up for your own account without an invite! That's right! If you haven't had the pleasure yet of getting your very own Gmail account (hello scads of room; goodbye to trashing email to make room for new), then hie thyself over to Gmail.com this instant! Yes, I know you have other e-mail accounts...I do, too. One for work, one on Yahoo!, one somewhere else...but trust me, you'll love the look and feel of Gmail, from its labels to the Google Talk feature.

There, I'm done now. Move along. Nuthin' to see here...Enjoy!

Google Mail (Gmail)

[Edited to correct my error: I originally posted that Gmail was out of beta. Nope. The new part is just the ability to signup for an account without an invite from someone else first. Thanks for the heads-up, Sebira! See first comment below.]

4 comments:

Sebi said...

If Gmail is "out of beta", then why does the logo still have 'beta' in its lower right-hand corner when I'm logged into my account?

Kachup said...

Thanks, Sebira! You are absolutely correct -- Gmail is not out of beta quite yet. I misread the email I got from them this morning. I'm editing the post to show this.

Anonymous said...

You say that Gmail is out of beta, but it doesn't say that in the article you link to. If Gmail was really out of beta, don't you think that they would have announced it?

Kachup said...

James, thanks. Just figured that out, and edited accordingly.


Blogged with a MacBook Pro | "An Apple a day..."