Help Me Move!

Friday, February 16, 2007

Collision Detection: Science and More

I came across this blog on the way to something else entirely today. You know how that goes? Of course you do. In essence, that's what this whole blog is about, fun snippets of info I find on the web. But it's even more fun when I find it unintentionally, then I can't tear my eyes away from it until I read a the majority of this new page I'm on.

So it was when I found Clive Thompson's blog. From his intro, he writes on:

[...] science, technology, and culture. This blog collects weird research I'm running into, and musings thereon.

He also writes occasional articles for the New York Times and Wired, amongst others. His writing style is fresh and breezy, and he explains complex science concepts in easy-to-understand language. He recently posted on a medical study of sword-swallowing injuries, and one on a study about how just thinking about losing weight might help the body actually lose weight. Not all of these are original by him -- he finds interesting and unique articles from all around the web. But wow, if it isn't a compelling read. Go check it out yourself.

collision detection: a blog of clive thompson

No comments:


Blogged with a MacBook Pro | "An Apple a day..."