Help Me Move!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Baby-Boomer Reminiscing

"...we'll go dancing in the dark, walking through the park, and reminiscing." ~Reminiscing, Little River Band

Major life events compel us to mark them in a way that you can easily describe what you were doing at that point. Remember the Challenger disaster? Hurricane Katrina? The Stock Market crash? ...and so on. One of the most indelible moments in time if you happen to be a Baby Boomer was the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. I remember hearing adults talk about this time when I was growing up, and they always said they remembered where they were, what they were doing, even the topic of the conversation when they heard the awful news.

Well, the premise of being of age to remember JFK's death is the idea behind the I Remember JFK website, albeit with more pleasurable memories. Here you can go back to your childhood and read about such recently-discussed topics as: 45 inserts, Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, and baseball cards. Each article posted has room for comments, and even if you aren't quite of the age to remember JFK (I missed it by a mere couple of years), you'll find plenty of essays on items you do remember from days gone by.

I Remember JFK: A Baby Boomer's Pleasant Reminiscing Spot

1 comment:

Rhea said...

I like that I Remember JFK site. I also write about stuff like that like the NY World's Fair and The Singing Nun. I am 48. All I have are my memories.... NOT!!!!!

Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles
www.thegeminiweb.com


Blogged with a MacBook Pro | "An Apple a day..."