Help Me Move!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Play Adventure: Atari 2600 Online

I don't want to date myself here, but it was a Really Big Deal (tm) when, as a kid, I got for a Christmas present one year the Atari 2600 game console that I had been bugging my parents for. I would argue that everything you're playing on a game console today owes its start to the 2600. And if you bought one, there was one game that was a must-buy. That game was Adventure. The search for the chalice took you through castles, mazes, and encounters with deadly dragons and a psychotic bat.

Well, now you can find out for yourself what it was all about, as Adventure has been re-created online. Just click on the console buttons (just like on the actual system!) to launch your game, and remember to use the arrow keys to move around.

:sigh: ...when they talk about "back in the day", this was what it means for me.

Adventure

No comments:


Blogged with a MacBook Pro | "An Apple a day..."